Sunday, May 17, 2015

Banana Bread


I've made a few banana breads and they are a bit on the heavy side. This one probably is a little on the heavy side for my liking but it also means I would be eating many at one good (that's a good thing on the waist and hips). However this is probably one of the better recipes I tried and doesn't use oil. I grabbed the recipe for here.

I used a more bruised and ripe bananas, almond pieces and vanilla extract not in picture and the bottle with yellow cap is soda bicarbonate

Ingredients:

160 g (1 1/3 cups) walnut or pecan pieces --> I used almond, that's the only nuts I have at home currently
85 g butter, melted and allowed to cool until lukewarm (if using unsalted butter, add 1/8 teaspoon fine table salt)
300 g (2 cups) plain flour
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
168 g (3/4 cup) caster sugar --> I used brown sugar, packed and reduced to 1/3 cup)
390 g (1 1/2 cups) mashed very ripe banana
2 large eggs (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
90 g (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt.

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius fan-forced. 
  2. Place almond on a baking tray and bake for about 3 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
  3. Line a loaf pan.
  4. Stir flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together in a large bowl.
  5. In a medium bowl, stir or whisk together mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and melted butter. 
  6. Add almonds to the banana mixture and stir to combine.
  7. Add banana mixture to the bowl with the flour mixture and gently fold ingredients together until just combined. Don't over mix as this can make the banana bread tough. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
  8. I put flaked almonds on the bread just because I have some leftovers and I love almonds ^^
  9. Bake for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, until a wooden skewer or thin-bladed knife inserted into the centre of the bread comes out without any batter attached.
  10. Allow banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. 



All these sugar treats at home is not good for me! :|

No comments:

Post a Comment